Wednesday, March 4, 2009

2-26-07 Moved from MySpace

Monday, February 26, 2007

I Didn't Realize I Could Take All That Love With Me Current mood:BLISSFUL!!!

When you are young you love without reservation. Loving someone is so much simpler. There are no barriers, no race, no religion, no strings attached. I had a very bestest best friend in grade school whom I loved completely. We would see each other every day and hug. "I LOVE YOU" was a constant part of our vocabulary. We didn't think anything of it. We knew others didn't like it, my friends (one who was VERY jealous), her mother, (because I wasn't Catholic). But NONE of it mattered because we were peas in a pod.

We use to watch solid gold and make up dance routines and perform them in front of the class. We would work on them for weeks. Two girls disco dancing in front of anyone who would watch. And we loved each other. WE would write notes to each other. I had a whole drawer full of our notes when I was a kid. Some only said HI and most said I LOVE YOU.

We have been apart for 25 years. And the other day she found me on MySpace. GOD BLESS MYSPACE!!!

When we got together for the first time in 25 years, we were just the same. (WITHOUT THE DANCING!!) We said the same things at the same time, went through so many of the same things and still came out feeling the same.

I think being away from each other was bad and good. It was bad because we didn't get the opportunity to be there for each other during the hard times. And good because, we get together now and get to LOVE each other with that pure childlike love we did as 3rd graders. I think that is the greatest gift of all!!!

I LOVE YOU MONIQUE!!!!!

No comments: